An activity to help children understand the change of Qibla, from Jerusalem to Mecca
You Will Need:
- Images (downloadable here)
- Paper plate
- Split pin
- Felt arrow (or a paper one)
How To Make:
- Print and cut out the images in the document.
- Stick the image of Masjid-e-Qiblatain in the middle (where the Prophet was when he was told to change direction).
- In the middle of this picture, put the felt arrow and through the arrow, picture and plate, push the split pin through and secure at the back.
- On the top of the plate, stick the picture of the Kaaba, and elsewhere (e.g. on the right), stick the picture of Jerusalem (where two domes are visible).
- The children can move the arrow from Jerusalem to Mecca to indicate how the Qibla changed.