Ending a Lesson
If the lesson ends in noise or confusion, that is what the class will remember when they next meet you.
- Talk to the whole class to round off a lesson.
- Summarise what has gone on, if your lesson requires this treatment.
- Make a note of unfinished work and anything you must remember for next time, while it is still fresh in your mind.
- Sometimes tell the students what will happen next week to motivate them to return.
- Make any announcements at the end of the lesson so that the students remember the information.
- Put back any furniture you have rearranged.
- Clean the board.
- Check the classroom is reasonably clean.
- If it is the last lesson, close windows, switch off lights and escort the students to the Wudhu area.
- Walk out, ignoring the class, or ignore them as they leave.
- Ask the class to remind you to do something the next time – it is your job.
- Finish the class early and let everyone out – it disturbs the lessons for other teachers.
- Leave the room in a mess.